Do you suffer from pigmented, slightly crooked or gaping teeth, and would you like to have perfectly white and perfectly aligned teeth? Lumineers lenses are one of the effective solutions that will give you the desired result through easy procedures.
In this article from Opal Dental Clinics in Istanbul, we will tell you everything you need to know about Lumineers… the latest technologies that treat dental defects in cosmetic dentistry.
What are Lumineer lenses?
The commercial name for the latest types of porcelain veneers that are attached to the outer surface of the teeth to cover its defects. It is thinner than veneers, and does not need to remove a layer of enamel, in addition to being prepared within a short time.
Advantages of luminaire
- In many cases, you do not need to remove a layer of tooth enamel, which reduces pain and complications of veneers, such as tooth sensitivity.
- Lumineers can be used to cover problematic teeth only.
- Gives your new teeth a natural look.
- Gives you a more attractive smile at an affordable cost.
- Can be used to cover old dental bridges or crowns.
- Lumineers result in a small edge on the gum line, which may cause plaque retention and, consequently, gum disease.
- It does not cover some dental problems such as damage to the tooth structure or hyperpigmentation.
- Severely crooked teeth need to be fixed first by braces.
- When removing luminaires or any other type of porcelain veneers, teeth may be damaged.
- The thinner veneer structure of the luminaire also makes it less durable over time.
- In some cases, the results may look more or less normal than the veneers.
Lumineers veneer installation procedures in Turkey
Before the Lumineers
Before installing Lumineers, some cases need prior preparation, such as small teeth that require cutting the gums to look better with the appearance of the new teeth. In such a case, the patient waits about 45 days for the gums to heal.
While all cases that will be subject to the application of Lumineers require cleaning or light drilling and sanding to define the contours of the tooth, then making a mold for the teeth and sending it to the laboratory to create Lumineers veneers.
At Opal Dental Clinics give you the opportunity to adjust the appearance of your teeth and your new smile, during your visit to our clinic prior to the installation of Lumineers.
The session includes the installation of a temporary veneer of acrylic on the teeth, known as the “trial smile”, so that you can get to know the new appearance of your teeth after applying the Lumineers, and whether it is suitable for your aspirations or needs some modification.
During the application of the Lumineers
The process of applying Lumineers takes from one to two hours, depending on the number of teeth to be covered, and involves the following steps:
- Due to the fact that the application process is not painful; In many cases, you will not need anesthesia.
- The doctor examines the bite and the occlusion of the teeth well, to ensure that you speak and chew normally after fitting.
- The dentist puts an adhesive material before each veneer of the luminaire and attaches it to the tooth. Once it hardens, he removes the excess cement and then performs the process of polishing the veneer.
How to maintain Lumineers?
To keep the Lumineers from cracking, breaking, or falling off, you should handle them gently. Avoid chewing hard foods, biting your nails, or opening packages or bottles with your teeth.
Add to that good and regular brushing, toothpaste and flossing as well, with a visit to your dentist at least once a year for a comprehensive dental examination.
Although the Lumineers is resistant to stains, studies have shown that the Lumineers is susceptible to pigmentation due to smoking, and smoking should be quit to prevent this. Doctors also recommend wearing a night guard to protect against bruxism.
What are the alternatives to Lumineers lenses?
First – Veneers
They are lenses made of porcelain that cover tooth defects and give them a natural appearance because they are very similar to natural teeth, and they last up to 15 years.
Second – composite veneers “tooth bonding”
They are lenses made of composite resin. They treat dental problems that negatively affect the shape, size, or color of the teeth during one session. They cost less than other types of dental veneers, but they last up to 8 years.
Third – Dental crowns
They are covers made of ceramic, metal, or a mixture of the two materials, which the doctor places over the tooth after removing the corrupt area, whether it is a cavity or a crack in the tooth.
The most common question remains, “Is Lumineers or Veneers suitable for my teeth?” But the one who determines the most appropriate option is the doctor, after examining the teeth and oral health in general, and getting to know your long-term goals, in addition to your budget allocated in this regard.
If you want to know the suitability of Lumineers for your teeth, contact us today at Opal Dental Clinics, and book an appointment with the most qualified doctors specializing in dental veneers in Turkey, to discuss the appropriate type for your case.
Edited by: Opal Dental Clinics©